Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Jazzed-up Tofu

Basically.... I don't know what to call this. I came home from work tonight, was tired and hungry, and wanted tofu. So I started adding stuff to it. Before I knew it.... this had come forth:



Yeah? YEAH! I was kinda excited about my random creation. And it tastes pretty good too :D Here's what I did.

Jazzed-up Tofu

1/2 pack tofu, cut into chunks
1 TBSP coconut oil
1 tsp tamari (aka soy sauce)
2 mini red bell peppers (just what I had)
2 mini yellow bell peppers (cut the peppers into small slices)
3/4 granny smith apple, peeled and chopped
a sprinkle/pinch of: cinnamon, garlic powder, basil, cayenne pepper, paprika and tumeric

Step 1: Cut your tofu and veggies up.

Step 2: Oil and tamari in a hot skillet, add the tofu, and fry.

Step 3: After a couple minutes, add the peppers and let them cook.

Step 4: Add the spices (you should be stirring this every so often too by the way).

Step 5: Add the apple and cook (while stirring) for 5-6 minutes.

Voila! Enjoy! Now note, that this is what I made for one person. So adjust it to how big your family is (or whatever). Note 2: I may have burnt the tofu and peppers just a tad, thus the brown bits in the photo, but it actually tastes pretty good like that. Note 3: I would have LOVED to have added onions to this, but we didn't have any :(

p.s. I'm terribly sorry for having not posted in awhile.... I have photos from some burgers (yum!) that I made last week, hopefully I can get that up soon. :) Meanwhile, enjoy the above!

No comments:

Post a Comment