Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Baked Veggies

Well, as seen by my lack of posting, I haven't been cooking all that much lately. :( Today though, Mom asked me to make lunch, and so I did! (or I am... it's in the oven as I type actually)

Baked Veggies

Easiest recipe in the world. Chop up veggies you like, put oil (olive, coconut - whatever you like) over them and spices (salt, paprika, tumeric, garlic, Nutritional Yeast Flakes - again, whatever you like), and bake them until they are done!
I used:

5 sweet potatoes, diced
1 bag of those cute little yellow potatoes, sliced
2 onions, chopped
2 eggplants, peeled and diced
4 bell peppers, sliced
2 packs of mushrooms, sliced
2 yellow summer squash, halved and sliced

You could add: zucchini, tomatoes, cauliflower, broccoli... basically whatever you like to eat. Get creative with the spices and maybe try some Indian inspired veggies with tumeric, cinnamon, and curry powder. Or go Mexican with chili powder and cumin. Enjoy!!

Oh, and I was going to take a photo... but my family ate it too fast. :(


1 comment: