Saturday, September 17, 2011

Pumpkin Gingerbread {part 2}

I added frosting - tried it - and it was pretty good! It might have been a little strong for my taste - if I did it again I'd do less molasses and more sucanat. But the walnuts added a nice crunch and the frosting just gave it that classy edge that was nice. Oh, and my family loved it. :)



Spiced Buttercream Frosting
1 cup butter (I used Earth Balance 'butter' - it's totally vegan!)
1 cup sucanat
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
1 tsp vanilla
almond milk - however much you need to make the frosting the consistency you wanted.

Step 1: Using a hand mixer, whip the butter.

Step 2: Slowly add the sucanat to the butter, and mix that in well.

Step 3: Add the spices and vanilla, continuing to mix. Add the milk as you need it - and voila!

Cover your gingerbread in the frosting, and eeeenjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment